If you are wanting to take your Instagram to the next level, there is one camera in particular that every content creator must have. In today’s blog post, I will be talking about one of my favorite cameras of all-time. The GoPro Hero 7 Black Edition. As you may or may not know, GoPro has many different types of cameras. While they all are different in their own ways, the most important attribute that all GoPro’s have is the fisheye lens that they are so famously known for. Keep in mind, the price of a GoPro can vary substantially. For me personally, this was an investment and it took months and months of saving before I was actually ready to make the big purchase.
Whether or not you decide to use a GoPro, the fisheye effect is a great way to take your content to the next level. The number one thing that I love about using a GoPro is the fact that it can capture a wider snapshot of my surroundings. Also, it’s small, compact, and handheld which makes it easy to shoot in public without feeling like everyone is staring at you. Not only that, but it has a weatherproof case that keeps it safe no matter where you decide you shoot your content.
As an example, here are a few of my favorite photos that I’ve taken while using a GoPro.
At the beach
At an art museum.
If you’re an outdoorsy or an adventurous person, then this is the camera for you. For me personally, I mainly love to use my GoPro at the beach. However, there are many different kinds of ways that you can use yours. In fact, if you search the hashtag #GoPro on Instagram, there are over 40 million posts. If that’s not a good enough reason to take adventurous photos, then I don’t know what is!
With that being said, here are a few essential GoPro accessories that every traveler must have.
- Jaws Flex Clamp: This allows you to clamp your GoPro to railings and poles. Feel free to use it with or without the gooseneck, but this is an amazing mounting accessory.
- 3-Way: This is a great must-have because it is a tripod, grip, and selfie stick all in one! Not only that, but you are able to bend the mount so that the pole isn’t visible in your shot. Most travel selfies that you see on Instagram are taken with this mount.
- Sleeve+Lanyard: This accessory is a great way to keep your GoPro safe and sound. I love being able to wear my camera around my neck so that I am hands-free. Having your GoPro close is convenient for snapping a photo at a moments notice.
- El Grande: If you need a little bit of extra distance between yourself and the camera, then this is the perfect accessory for you. It is a long pole designed to help you take that perfect paragliding or snorkeling shot.
- Bite Mount: You may not feel sexy while holding this accessory in your mouth but it is a really cool hands-free point of view that every traveler aims to capture.
- Spare Batteries: This is a given if you’re traveling and plan on taking a lot of photos or videos. I like to normally have a minimum of three or four batteries with me at all times.
- Dual Battery Charger: This is a serious must-have for anyone who has a GoPro. You can supercharge two batteries at the same time.
What kind of adventurous photos do you plan on taking? Leave it in a comment down below!
Feel free to follow me